You’re engaged – congrats! The first step for most couples in their wedding planning journey is to find a wedding venue that’s available on their desired date.
Once you’ve narrowed down your shortlist, there’ll be questions you’ll want to ask to help you choose the perfect venue.
- What dates are available?
- Are is there a discount for off season/mid-week?
- What is the guest capacity (min/max)?
- What is the price and what’s included for that?
- What is provided by the venue (tables, linen, chairs, etc)?
- What hours do we have the venue from/to?
- Do you offer a combined ceremony and reception package?
- How much is the deposit and when is the balance due?
- What is the weather contingency plan for outdoor areas?
- What coordination services are included?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- Can you tentatively hold our date?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can my dog be involved in my ceremony?
Transport, Accommodation and Logistics
- What parking options are there?
- Is there accommodation on-site or nearby?
- What transport options are easily accessible to the venue? (taxi, bus, uber etc)
- Does the venue have wheelchair access?
Food & Drink
- What is the flexibility of the menu like?
- Does the venue have an in-house or preferred caterer?
- Can I choose my own caterer?
- What bar options are there (alcohol types/prices)?
- Is it possible bring in our own alcohol?
- Is there a corkage fee?
- What is the food/bar minimum spend?
- Can I choose my own vendors or does the venue have set providers? (DJ, etc)
- What sound systems are there?
- What photo opportunities/locations are there?
- Is there a separate space for cocktail hour?
Set Up/Getting Ready
- What access do I have to the venue prior to the event? How early can you set up?
- When can vendors set up?
- Is there an area available for the bridal partys to get ready?
- What is the layout of the room – can we have long or round tables?
- Can I bring my own decorations?
- What decorations does the venue have available to use?
- Can we use sparklers/other pyrotechnics?
- Does confetti need to be organic matter?