One of Australia’s foremost lash extension artists offers her top five tips for brides when choosing a reputable lash salon
Lashes are totally on-trend right now, but application isn’t as quick or safe as you think! Award-winning lash expert Lauren Lappin, owner of Allure Lash and Beauty Bar, encourages brides to seek out trained, experienced and reputable salons to achieve natural, luxury lashes that suit the eye and make you look absolutely stunning on your special day.
- Cheaper is not always better. Don’t choose a lash artist based on price. You pay for what you get! A higher price will reflect all the training, experience and higher quality products that will be used. Lash extensions are a luxury service, so please don’t expect to pay a bargain basement price for them.
- Research salons before you commit. Look at a salon’s before and after photos, social media accounts and websites. Read reviews on Google and Facebook!
- Don’t expect a quick service. How long will the full set of lashes take to apply? If it’s anything under 1-1.5 hours, run!! Lash extension application is a meticulous process, which requires time and perfect technique to achieve safe, beautiful results.
- Ask questions. Your lash artist should have extensive knowledge about preserving your natural lash health, styling the lashes to suit your eye and face shape, irritations and reactions to lash extensions, and the use of different curls, lengths and diameters to create the best look for you. If you get this, you know you’re dealing with a fully qualified, experienced lash expert.
- Specialist salon versus full beauty service. Does the salon specialise in lash extensions or is it just a side-offering to a whole host of other services they provide? Usually a specialist salon will be more experienced and have the knowledge and expertise to give you the best set of lashes you have ever had but if you get your lashes at a full-service salon, make sure you ask for their lash expert!
Lauren and her team complete over 150+ sets of lashes each week which take over an hour each time. Her salon has just recently been named as a top five finalist for the Lash Studio of the Year Award and the winner will be announced at the NALA (the National Association of Lash Artists) Awards in Canada on May 7 ADST. You can also purchase quality lash extensions and supplies online at RunwayLashCo.